Mr. Kimani is a holder of:
- Master of Arts degree in Peace Studies and International Relations - Catholic University of Eastern Africa.
- Master of Arts degree in Counseling Psychology - International Leadership University.
- Bachelor of Commerce - Business Administration (part) - Daystar University.
- Higher Diploma Theology - Presbyterian University of East Africa.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management - Catholic University of Eastern Africa.
- Certified Secretary - Fellow Institute of Certified Public Secretaries (FCPS).
His Incomparable experiences include:
- Over 25 years in Public Service/ Administration in Government and Parastatal Organizations; KPLC/ KENGEN,TRDC.
- 8 Years experience in training, facilitation, workshops, and seminars on Conflict Management and Peace Building.
- Delegate in COMESA Election Observer Mission in Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe General Elections.
- Consultant - Strategic Planning for the National Steering Committee on Peace building and Conflict Management.
- Consultant - Evaluation of Trauma Healing, Peace building, Women in Peace Leadership Programs for Coalition for Peace in Africa (COPA).
- Secretary - Senior Clergy Consultative Forum (SCCF).
- Participation in Peace Education Workshops for District Education Quality Assurance Officers organized by the Ministry of Education.
- Facilitator/Presenter - Trainings, workshops, seminars in Government, Conflict Management and Peace Building Institutions.
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling Certificate Training.