SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- More than eighteen years experience as legal counsel.
- Strong ability to conduct complex legal research and present the results in a clear, precise and persuasive manner, both orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate existing and proposed legislation, regulations, corporate and government policies.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with national laws, rules and regulations related to elections, and management of electoral offices.
- Strong knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations related to the County Assemblies, their composition, functions, standing orders and general procedure of carrying out business of the County Assemblies.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Profound ability to easily interface with senior corporate and customer executives and counsel.
- Ability to work with current information and communication technology
(2010 to 2013) KARIMI KIRIKO & CO. ADVOCATES - MANAGING PARTNER
- Undertaking both commercial and residential conveyancing work associated with the acquisition and disposal of land or property or any interest in land, including the purchase and disposal of freeholds and freehold revisions, the granting of leases, licences and mortgages and any other land or transactions.
- Dealing with agreements and contracts entered into by or on behalf of the clients including agreements in relation to highways, dedications, easements, way-leaves, tenancies and joint use of land or property
(2002 to 2010) IMENDE & KIRIKO ADVOCATES - PARTNER
- Undertaking conveyancing, specifically processing all aspects of land or real estate transfers, including the signing of contracts, property transfers, leases and mortgage agreements
- Providing legal opinion and advise to clients on most areas of law, including provision of pro-bono services
- Responsible for developing marketing strategies, drawing customer relationship policy, and identifying new business opportunities for the firm
(2005 to 2010 JOMUMU BUILDING & GENERAL RENOVATORS LIMITED - LEGAL DIRECTOR
- Labour Law Compliance, Management of Litigation, Liaising with local Administration, handling legal matters related contracts and subcontracts in the company business of laying out fibre optic cables between Naivasha and Kisumu for Siemens Ltd
(2003 to 2005) MURANG’A STEEL & HARDWARE LIMITED - MANAGING DIRECTOR
- Identifying and assisting various projects groups and individuals through provision of material and labour
- Ensuring proper management of the Company and its accounts as well as marketing the same within the region
- Responsible for developing marketing strategies, drawing customer relationship policy, and identifying new business opportunities for the company
(2000-2002) MURIU MUNGAI & CO. ADVOCATES - ASSOCIATE: LITIGATION AND CONVEYANCING
- Responsible for litigation caseload, including litigated bankruptcy, foreclosure and mortgage lending matters. Attended depositions, hearings, mediations and other related duties
- Coordinate, collaborate and support other litigation work, manage client databases, organize filing of litigation documents and processes, and ensure compliance with all local, and national laws relating to litigation matters.
CARENE INTERNATIONAL - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Tracking of shipments and communicating with clients about the package's progress. Coordinate shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries. Handling of quotes from prospective shippers and dealing with claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur.
- Providing efficient delivery logistics through data management. Handling import-export documentation, compiling carrier and route assignments in collaboration with relevant government agencies.
- University of Hull, 1994-1995 - LLM, Masters in Law
- University of Hull, 1990-1994 - LLB, Bachelors of Law
- Alliance Boys High School, 1988-1999 - A-Levels
- Njiri’s High School, 1986-1987 - Secondary Education (O-Levels)
- St. Mary’s School, 1978-1986 - Primary Education